Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Husband's birthday- DIY gift ideas

So husband went home to his hometown during the weekends, that gave me an ample time to prepare for his birthday surprise. Since I already bought him his birthday present weeks before his actual birthday (Tripod, shoes and iPad casing) so I decided to make him a basket full of things that he liked. First, I customized a cd with his fave songs on it, then I customized his favorite wine with his face on it that says "aged to perfection", I made coupons that says free massage, movies and coffee on it too, I made him a best husband certificate, I made a collage of pictures with a love note and framed it, and lastly I added his fave chocolates. (m&ms, snickers, and Cadbury). Aside from the basket, I also bought a cake with 31 candles. And my last surprise is the office that i decorated with balloons the night before.. So he arrived 9-ish in the morning, I pretended to be asleep and let my father picked him up from the port. The doorbell rang, we knew it was him, we snucked in from behind the office door and shouted happy birthday holding the birthday cake.. He was so surprised and when he went inside the room to change he saw the basket of goodies in the bed with balloons beside it, he was even more surprised. But it did not end there, I also prepared a birthday dinner to officially celebrate his birthday. I cooked all his favorite food (humba, fried chicken with gravy, pork la roca, chicken lumpia, stir fried veggies in butter, and fresh fruits salad) The birthday surprise was a success and the husband was uber happy! I'm glad to step up to the plate once in awhile for my love ones.. Hope this inspires you on your next birthday surprise 😉