Thursday, December 6, 2012

Year ender part II (Tagaytay and taal volcano)

From a death-tifying space shuttle ride in Enchanted kingdom, we went straight to Tagaytay and tried their famous bulalo and it was the best bulalo I've ever tasted! No bluff! It exceeded my expectations and more!

It was a chilly Sunday morning in Tagaytay. We left the hotel 6am to go on a trek to taal volcano, the smallest active volcano in the philippines. We had a quick heavy breakfast while waiting for our tour guide. We left around 7 am and arrived in their li'l port going to taal at around 7:45 and took a 30 minute boat ride crossing a huge lake. When we got there we were offered to take the horse back riding going to the top of the volcano, since it was my sister in law's second trip, she decided to trek together with my husband. Unfortunately on my part, my fear got the best of me, plus the dusty and hot weather I decided to take the horse back riding. It was a rough trail, quite long and scary actually. I was just so glad to arrive on top safely.. The view is breathtaking! Even better than the photoshopped post cards. There's a lot of souvenir items at around 150-200 pesos you can find there and Fresh Buko at 50 pesos. The horse would usually cost you one thousand pesos. But on our part we only got it for 600 each, since I think those horses were not registered(colorum). Lol. We went back to tagaytay lunch time. We had lunch at this really cozy coffee shop/Resto named bag of beans and head back to Manila after..=)