Saturday, July 18, 2015

Typical Weekend

SATURDAY

My work usually ends at 8 in the morning(PH time). The first thing I do is clean up my desk and go straight to bed and snuggle with my husband and our little bratinella, Coco. We don't get up until around 9-ish.
Then we head to the kitchen and prepare breakfast together. This is what my plate looks like this morning. Egg and toasts plus a cup of my favorite tea (Twinning) and my sweetener (stevia). My husband usually eats cereal (Nestle Fitness Cereal)for breakfast unless we eat out.
On weekends we love to eat outside the house, enjoying the chirping of the love birds and coco running around and playing with the rabbits. 
After breakfast we usually just run some errands together. We give coco a bath (we take turns, this week is lester's turn) but I usually prep coco after shower. From blowdrying to combing, to dressing her up to brushing her teeth.. all those girly stuff and when I'm done I help out in the kitchen. Lester on the other hand prepares the laundry to send to the Laundromat and work on some paperworks.

It's a must to stay home for lunch on Saturdays because all of us are home and mom or dada usually cooks the meal, so we are not allowed to eat out unless its a business thing or an urgent lunch meeting. It's also a great time to discuss the weeks events. We share updates, brag on achievements and talk about the news and hear some random annoying yet cute nags from my mom, definitely to stick around for! Not gonna miss it for anything. =)

After lunch hubby and I prep up for our usual Saturdate. We still run some errands in between but most of the time we just go to the mall, watch movies or sometimes go out of town and look for some newly opened restaurants or pastry shops (we both love sweets). We love driving around town and just hang out. Saturday is also our shopping day to buy some things that we need for our room, office supplies or bathroom. This is the time we pick up the things we need to use for the week ahead like groceries, toiletries etc. We sometimes meet up with friends/colleagues/ over coffee (JCI Meetings for me and AMREB Meetings for lester)
I sleep really early on Saturdays because i don't get to rest the whole day compared to workdays. I sleep around 7-8 in the evening. 

SUNDAY - "OHANA DAY"

Lester and I wakes up at 4 in the morning to hear the mass. This schedule is just recent, we usually go with the whole family at 8 in the evening but we opted to attend the first mass so we can do more during the day plus we love eating breakfast together =) 
After breakfast, we do our weekly cleaning. I clean the room and lester cleans the office. Still catching up on errands, making sure that everything is ready for the busy weekdays ahead.

Lunch on Sundays are the best. It's like FIESTA! 
In the afternoon, the family always go somewhere. We either go to the mall, beach or out of town. 
Dinner is also special because we always eat out. 
After dinner, the rest of the family attends the mass while lester and I get ready for our weekly spa date. I think for working couple like us, it is necessary to schedule a weekly spa/massage. Husband is always driving most of the week and I am barely breathing on my office chair. My husband always gets the foot massage service and I always get the Swedish whole body massage and we both get facial treatments. For very busy weekdays, we usually get the 2 hours so we can really sleep and rejuvenate. 
We head home right after and doze off to horror movies/documentaries.